Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Praying on Isaiah 42:1-4

Meditation on Isaiah 42:1-4

"But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you. "For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in your place. "Since you are precious in My sight, Since you are honored and I love you, I will give other men in your place and other peoples in exchange for your life."  Isaiah 43:1-4

Great Creator and redeemer, let me release my fear to YOU.  Fear of rejection and failure, fill my heart and so I ask now you remind me of YOUR great redeeming and saving love.  

YOU know my name.  You are the Good Shepherd.  I belong to YOU.  When troubles flood my life and crisis seems to be ready to consume in its flames all my strength and hope, YOU get me through and there is another day after the worst of days.  

YOU living and true LORD and God, are mine and I am yours.  Forever I am YOURS!  True God of Israel, found in the Messiah Jesus the LORD, YOU are my Savior.  My trust is in YOU alone.  

I am precious to YOU.  YOU lift me up and give to me glory and honor I do not deserve.  Help me this day, recognize how much YOU love me.  

Lord, let me see YOU more clearly, that I may love YOU more dearly, and follow YOU more nearly, day by day.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment