Friday, April 15, 2016

Prayer based on Isaiah 50:10

Isaiah 50:10

10 Who among you fears the Lord
and obeys the voice of his servant?
Let him who walks in darkness
and has no light
trust in the name of the Lord
and rely on his God. (ESV)

Lord, grant to me a real respect, acknowledgement, and awe at your greatness, goodness, and grace. Provide me insight into my total dependence on you moment by moment. Let me hate immoral attitudes and actions as you hate them and recognize the just wrath such attitudes and actions deserve. Help me live in the reality of your presence and provide me an ability to hear your voice as my Good Shepherd during the worst of times. 

LORD, when the darkness settles in over me and the path before me cannot be seen help me know that you have not changed. When all evidence of purpose and plan have evaporated allow me to rely on your grace, greatness, and goodness to not have evaporated. Provide me a strong faith, reliance, and dependence upon YOU during the most overwhelming and difficult time. 

Be my firm foundation on my darkest days. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment