Thursday, May 5, 2016

Lord teach us to trust in you!

(3) When I am afraid,I will put my trust in You. (4) In God, whose word I praise,In God I have put my trust;I shall not be afraid.What can mere man do to me? [Psa 56:3-4 NASB
Lord, there are so many things to be afraid of here "East of Eden".  
Pain from illness
Pain from loved ones being ill
Pain from disability
Pain from those we love dying
Pain from people we love
Pain from people who do not love us
Pain from lack of money and security
Pain in losing money 
Pain from poor government
Pain from political leaders
Pain from churches who disappoint us
Pain from false teaching that we applied
Pain from those who exploited us in YOUR name
Pain from those who religiously abused us
Pain from people who lie to us
Pain from having needs not met
Pain from losing court battles
Pain from fights in our marriages
Pain from fights with our children
Pain from friends who betray us
Pain from being rejected and abandoned
Pain from words that hurt
Pain from people that violate our trust
Pain of when our children act foolishly
Pain from children who reject us
Pain from parents who reject us
Pain from war and terrorism
Pain from being abused by those we love
Pain from being abused as children
Pain from giving into a temptation and bringing harm on myself
Pain from giving into temptation and hurting those I love
Pain in the shame of what I have done
Pain in the shame of what I failed to do
So much to fear.  So much pain.  So much loss. This life, East of Eden is just so difficult and dangerous.  It is only rational to be afraid.  We are small and the problems are so big.  
When I am scared out of my mind,  LORD I will trust in  you being good, great, and full of grace towards me.  YOU are my high priest that can understand my fear and burden.  You sympathize with my struggles and understand my needs.  YOU, LORD Jesus, are worthy of my trust.  I will trust that you are with me in this world of grief and pain.  I depend on you to use all of my pain to bring gain.  YOU have promised that you are working all things together for good.   I trust in your promise this day.  Lord I trust, help my lack of trust.  
Keep me from trusting in untrustworthy things.  Take from me my idols. 
Let YOUR WORD, take from me my fear.  Let your promises become my trust in dark days.  Teach me to trust you in the dark.  Lord, today is a dark day, be my rock and stability.  Grant me the gift to trust in your trustworthiness today.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment