Monday, February 8, 2016

Meditation based on Revelation 2:1-7

To the Church in Ephesus
2:1 “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: ‘The words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks among the seven golden lampstands.
2 “‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. 3 I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. 4 But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. 6 Yet this you have: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. 7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.’ (ESV)

----------
Lord, thank you for being in the midst of your people.  Never far away.  Very close.  Holding up us up and walking among us.  

Lord, help me to continue to do your will with steady and regular holy habits.  Let me not tolerate within my soul rebellion against your will.  Give to me a love for truth that I am willing to stand for in a loving way.  Allow my teaching to be an accurate reflection of the truth of your WORD. 

Lord renew my love for you, for your people, and for those most in need.  Give hot passion to my holy habits.  Let me see where I have begun to neglect actions that should not be neglected.   Forgive me for not doing things that I should have done.  A huge amount of actions that I omitted doing.  Lord have mercy on me because of your sacrifice on the cross.  Help me to be ready to suffer shame and persecution for the sake of your NAME.   Allow me not to grow weary in my service. 

Help me to hate any lawlessness that is within me or any desire to abuse your grace by thinking I can be less diligent in my turning from it.  

Give to me the gift of repentance, change my mind, and change my heart.  Grant me the wisdom to submit to your loving will. 

Give me true faith that I will know the victory that is in YOU, Messiah Jesus, alone.  Allow me to know that you have promised Eden to be restored on steroids and have prepared a place for me in paradise.  

Lord renew, restore, reform, and revive me.  Lord renew, restore, reform, and revive your Church.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment