Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Meditation on Mark 2:13-22

Mark 2:13-22

Lord Jesus, this day allow me to hear your voice in my heart and soul that calls me to follow you.  Let me put aside all the other voices in my head and clearly hear you say to me; "Follow me".

Help me seek to reach out to those who are in need and not just put myself with people who have or think they have no needs.  Help me to  see that I need you as my soul physician and that my sickness can never be cured except by your great grace.  Heal me now!

Show me the value of fasting.  Grant me a hunger and thirst for righteousness.  Also, show me the value of fellowship with you.  Help me to not try to put my following you into a framework of legalism and self-righteousness.  

Let me drink the new wine of your renewed covenant with your people and know the joy of having my sins forgiven and your Spirit within me.   Help me to take joy in the gospel of pure grace this day.




No comments:

Post a Comment