Saturday, March 5, 2016

Meditation on Psalm 23

The Lord Is My Shepherd
A Psalm of David.

23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3 He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
forever. (ESV)

LORD, you have taught me that YOU are my provider, protector, and provide guidance moment by moment.  When I am out of out of strength YOU LORD restore me.  YOU GOOD Shepherd will defeat all the enemies of my soul and provide for me, YOUR victory as my own.  

I thank you, LORD, for making me one of your sheep and including me in your plan of salvation.   I am 100% dependent on you for my physical needs and the restoration of my inner needs.  For your own glory, you have led me into the paths of leading a sane, stable, and spiritual life.    At the worst of times, you are to praised for being with me and allowing me to not fear that you have abandoned me.  YOUR promise of ultimate victory over the  enemies of my soul is my one great comfort in this life. 

I confess, dear Shepherd, that I have many times been a straying and disobedient sheep.  YOU have had too many times chase after me and take me out of darkness.  YOU have been a faithful shepherd always bringing me back and keeping me safe.  Help me hear your voice and to be wise enough to follow. 

GOOD DIVINE SHEPHERD!  Gather your sheep into one united and true body who can follow you into paths of righteousness.  Help us be fearless even when facing the promised persecution.  Help us to find in you comfort and strength in knowing that the ultimate victory will come and YOU will allow us to be at your great feast of celebration in YOUR kingdom.   Provide for us a true revival, reformation, and renewal.    Come now and lead us this day to live in a way that is worthy of your great love seen in the gospel.    Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment