Friday, March 4, 2016

Prayers during the testing of our faith

Testing of Your Faith
2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Lord, you teach me that I am to have joy during the worst times of my life when there is the maximum amount of pain. You explain that these events of loss, struggle, and suffering will produce in me the ability to continue to believe under the worst of circumstances and therefore I can rejoice in such horrible times because I know, that the one who loves me most would not have me suffer in vain. From struggle will come spiritual maturity. 

You promise to give me inner insight into such events so that I may have inner peace as I suffer. I must seek such insight in a trusting way for without depending on YOUR goodness, greatness, and grace no answers will ever be found. 

I am thankful to know that my pain has not been in vain. That all my grief will produce gain. YOU, Lord God are able to use everything for a good purpose. I have an appreciation for your promises that can be counted on during the darkest times. Lord, I will trust you in the dark. 

I confess Lord, I don't always ask without doubts. Help me from being a double-minded person. Provide me a more stable and faithful heart. 

Lord, help your people to not doubt during hard times but to trust that you are at work in the midst of hard times to develop. Revive, renew, and regenerate in us an attitude of deep, transforming, and redemptive faith. Give us joy in our sorrows. Confidence in the midst of our defeats. Resilience when we are at our weakest point. Bring your whole body to spiritual maturity. Move us to live our faith well. 
Lord have mercy and perform this before a watching.   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment