Sunday, March 27, 2016

Prayer based on 2 Chronicles 7:14

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (ESV)

Lord, I would like to see a general revival. One in which masses of people humbled themselves, prayed, began seeking YOU and turning away from vile sins. This would be good. But I can envision that in a very abstract way and one in which I am happy about something that is big but beyond me. 

I want today to switch my heart from such a big and grand thing to just seeking inside of me a touch from YOUR spirit that would be a spark of personal revival and renewal in my walk with you. 

I begin by calling, crying out, reaching out, and begging you who have all authority in heaven and earth, Messiah of Israel, Creator of the universe, Eternal ONE, 

You who are GOOD, You who are GREAT, You who are GRACE, You who are PRESENT with me always, and YOU who make all things work for GOOD. ETERNAL CHESS MASTER, ARTIST, AND COMPASSIONATE PHYSIAN OF SOULS, now hear me as I cry to the one true God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Peter, and Paul. Hear the cry of my heart. 

Let me face the reality about myself. Allow me to see the many ways I have failed. Things that seem self-evident now but at the time, I did not see. 

How I should have been more in prayer, but was busy working. 

How I wasted time when I should have been working. 

Should have been more aware of the spiritual danger but felt I had things handled. 

So caught up in the crisis of the day that I failed to prepare for the future spiritual good. 

I see now how weak, short-sighted, distracted, and proud I have been. 

Without you, I can do nothing. Help me finish well. 

Give me a greater and greater burden, passion, focus, and desire to pray. Teach me to pray. Show me how to speak to you and hear your voice. Increase my understanding but most important my practice of prayer. 

More than prayer put in me a passion, to spend time with you. To hunger and thirst for YOU just to see you more clearly and love you more dearly. Let me seek you just for YOU, and not for what you can do for me. 

Lord, help me define and know where I fall short of your will. Where my thinking is not your thinking. Where my ways are not your ways. Transform me and change me. Turn me away from trusting in my sins to win and let me trust in you alone for victory. Give me a hunger and thirst for righteousness. Let me put my energy into seeking YOUR will be done on earth as in heaven. 

Hear my cry. For the sake of your sacrifice on the cross and resurrection from the dead, now forgive and heal my soul. 

Revive me, renew me, restore me, and reform me. Now come and awaken me from my spiritual sleep. 

With this work in my soul as a foundation. Now Lord, I also seek a general revival. One in which masses of people humble themselves, pray with passion, began seeking YOU and turning away from vile sins. Lord, have mercy on our times and increase those who have true faith and are true disciples. Lord come to us now! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment